It’s only been three days since the Leica M9 contest went live and things are heating up. I have received about 20 entries so far but unfortunately only three of them are eligible! The rules were laid out on the contest page HERE but I will list them off again one more time.
Also, many of you have had issues registering at picortwo.com over the past two days. From what I understand the issues there have been fixed so make sure you head over there and register. You can do so HERE. I just verified it is 100% working.
If you have submitted images that were not taken between Jan 05th – Feb 05th 2011 then you must re-submit. If you have sent only one image, you must re-submit. If you have sent more than two you must re-submit. If the EXIF data is not present (basically the date they were shot) then you must re-submit. Thank you and GOOD LUCK to all!
THE RULES – Follow them or be disqualified! READ READ READ! IMPORTANT!
- You must register at picortwo.com and stevehuffphoto.com to be eligible to enter and win. Again, to be clear – you will only be eligible to win if your name and email address is registered at both websites. See steps 1 & 2 above to do this.
- When you submit your images make them no larger than 1300 pixels wide but also no smaller than 680 pixels wide.
- You must submit TWO images that form a narrative to enter and win.
- Include your name, address, email address, age, and topic title with the submission and a short note about you and your passion for photography.
- Photos can be taken with ANY camera – film, digital, or even a cel phone. This is not about the gear you are using to take the photos but more about the photos themselves.
- You can submit only ONE SET of images that tell a story – no text explaining what the story it, just a topic title. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
- Photos for this contest must be taken between the submission dates (1/05/11 – 02/05/11). In other words, they must be taken for this contest. No old photos allowed.
- EXIF Data must be present in the photos so I can verify dates. If you do not know what this means then you should be OK. Basically do not strip the EXIF data! If shooting film, just let me know the dates you shot the film.
- Contest begins on 1/05/11 and the deadline for your submission will be 2/05/11. Top 10 will be chosen by Steve Huff on 2/15/11 and they will be posted on the site for all to see. The final two winners will be chosen by Heidi Klum and Rankin and announced on March 1st 2011.
- The 1st prize is a black Leica M9 signed by Seal and Steve Huff. This was the personal M9 of Seal, so it is used but in great shape. The 2nd place prize will be a new Leica V-Lux 2.
- THIS IS A WORLDWIDE CONTEST! No matter where you live, you can enter!
- Steve Huff, Seal, and family members are not eligible to enter or win (Damn!)
- The decision of all judges is FINAL. No complaining, no whining and no bitching allowed in the comments. Keep it fun and let’s all have a good time.
- Finally, your submitted images may be shown on the site if you make the top 10 so you are giving rights for me to show your images here if you make it.