Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8. Pre-Order at B&H Photo!
MASSIVE Fuji X-Pro 1 Clear Out/Deal – WITH two lenses under $1000!
OK guys, here is the deal some of you have been waiting for. The Fuji X-Pro 1 with the Fuji 35 1.4 and 27mm f/2.8 Lenses for only $949.85. THIS IS A crazy deal if you have been wanting a nice Fuji body. The X-Pro 1 is loved by many, used by many and has proven itself in the field, studio and in the world.
B&H Photo has this deal NOW, and is shipping NOW. To see the deal take a look HERE at the deal page on B&H Photo.
The Leica M 60 Special Edition. Now $2200 OFF!
THE LEICA M60 – $2200 OFF. Now $16,280 with the special stainless steel 35 1.4 Summilux FLE. Previous price was $18,500. So if you have been lusting after this one of a kind digital M 240 without an LCD, without any special modes, without a JPEG mode, and with a unique design, NOW is the time to get one. Yes, it’s a bank account buster but there are many out there that want this (I know, I spoke with quite a few of you). It will not get any cheaper than this for a new in box M60 edition!
“Blending a minimalist approach to digital imaging, the Edition “Leica 60″ of the Leica M (Typ 240) is a digital full-frame rangefinder camera designed with an emphasis on the four basic elements of photography: shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and focus. With each of these controls manually adjustable, the Edition 60 omits digitally-conventional elements of design for a pared-down approach to shooting. No rear LCD monitor and no menu system avail a clear and direct method of working, with the only means of recording being an uncompressed DNG raw still image file. Offered in a special limited edition of only 600 units, and paired with a unique Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH lens, custom camera cover, and a handmade presentation box, the Leica Edition 60 serves as an apt summation of the founding principles of the Leica M system, and the basic elements of photography as well.”
Holy Fire Sale! Hasselblad Lunar, $5,500 OFF..
B&H Photo has the $7000 Hasselblad Lunar that failed miserably on fire sale for $5,500 off. Now $1495 for the Hot Rodded Muscle Carred Sony NEX-7 and a kit 18-55 Zoom. THIS camera was a rip off at $7000, and I stated so a few times here on these pages. Even at $1500 it is pushing it as it is indeed a Sony NEX-7 with a hot rod build/design, pure luxury. Comes with a fancy wood box, and all the goodies. I did see these in person a while ago and they are bulkier than a NEX-7 but very unique.
If you want a Sony NEX-7 in this Hasselblad version NOW is the time to jump. How often do we see $5,500 off? I feel bad for the few who paid $7000 though I feel there are not many at all, but I feel happy for those who wanted to purchase one “just because” as now you can save a bundle. If it were $999 it would be better but even at $1500, it is not THAT far out there anymore. Yea, it’s a NEX-7, yea it’s old tech but I do not think you will buy this for the tech ;) A NEX-7 these days with the same kit zoom is under $500. So no more $6500 premium, now it’s a $1000 premium!
My Favorite Camera Shops & Dealers. Ever.
There are so many camera shops, store, internet sites and dealers out there ready to take our cash and send us a new fresh box of happiness. If you are like me, receiving a new package from the Fed Ex or UPS man brings not only a smile, but a rush of energy, happiness and joy.
I love my cameras and over the last 20 years I have learned WHERE To buy from to get the most hassle free and enjoyable experience, as well as the best deals sometimes.
I always get e-mails asking me “where should I buy XXX camera”? Well, here you go. These shops are also site sponsors because I accepted them as sponsors (I turn down many every year).
Over the years I have recommended the same dealers here. Those that I have worked with and bought from on many occasions. I have shopped from a few other sources but sometimes have had a negative experience so this is why I only recommend those who I trust and those who have really went above and beyond. I only allow advertisers and sponsors whom I trust and support back and know would never rip anyone off.
Look what the USPS man drug in..direct from Ken Hansen. The Leica Monochrom in silver chrome and the new M-P in black.
Below is a list of whom I buy from, who I have had great experiences with and all of those that I trust and put my name behind when it comes to camera dealers and shops!
1. Ken Hansen – This guy is everything LEICA. He has been a Leica dealer forever and used to own a store in NY. He now works from his home as he is semi-retired but his Leica business is still going strong with many Leica shooters praising his name every day. Ken has become a legend..legendary. I have never in my life experienced anything like Ken from ANY shop, dealer or store, ever. He goes above and beyond and the funny thing is he does not even have a web site, a Facebook or twitter ;) He runs it all from his home via phone or e-mail. He has been with me since day one and you may have seen his ad in the sidebar before. It will be there for the life of the site because if it not for Ken (and a couple of other friends) this site may not have made it!
Ken has new Leica and often times has used items and unique items as well. Just call him at 212-879-3263 or send him an e-mail at [email protected] and let him know what you want, need or are looking for. Most likely, he will have it. Plus, mention my name and you may get a bit of a deal..maybe. I stand 100% behind Ken Hansen.
2. B&H Photo – These guys are the king of Retail and Online sales. They do MASSIVE volume. I mean MASSIVE. I have been to the store and it is a sight to see. Hundreds of customers at any given time, long lines to check out (but they go fast) and conveyer belts that travel through the store to deliver your goods when you exit. Amazing. They have the best online experience I have encountered. First, if an item is in stock and ready to ship, it says so clearly. If it is not, it clearly states this. No guessing games. They ship same day as well if you order before a certain cut off time. So technically you could order a lens on a Monday morning and have it arrive Tuesday. They also are top notch on their returns, undo nay to Amazon. It is an online automated process, never needing to email someone or call someone for an RA number. B&H Is the king of camera retailers. You can see their site here and they sell all kinds of goodies, not just photo related. They are sort of a giant electronics megastore. I give them a 100%!
3. Amazon– Who does not shop from Amazon? Myself and everyone I know shop at Amazon and they are doing amazing things..amazing. Amazon is the future of internet shopping, food shopping and everything in between. I believe in 10 years Amazon will have the most amazing services. You can get anything and everything from Amazon. I have certain household items get delivered every month using their subscribe and save feature and I also buy tons of music (LP’s) and camera accessories such as Gariz cases, caps, batteries, lights, etc. They have anything and everything. Click here for a link to Amazon and see for yourself. Never an issue with them, ever! The return policy and process is painless and simple. You even get a label to print for easy return. My score = 100%!
4. PopFlash.com – PopFlash has been around for a long long time and Tony Rose is the man who owns and runs it. He is well-known among Leica shooters but he also sells Fuji, Olympus, Zeiss and many other brands at his online shop. I have purchased Leica lenses, cameras and Artisan and Artist bags and cases from PopFlash and Tony always comes through. They have some superb prices as well and when you see the “used/mint” pricing on some Leica items you may be super tempted to go for it. Check out the site at PopFlash.com! 100%
5. The Pro Shop – These guys are great and know their stuff. They have years of experience and sell Leica, Nikon, and even the Hasselblad Stellar and Lunar line. They have so much to choose from so here is where I would go for not only the best camera brands but for some of the best advice and experience. 100% for these guys as well! You can call them for info at 561-253-2606 or see their website HERE.
6. CAMERAQUEST – Run by Stephen Gandy this long time Voigtlander dealer has just about anything you could ever want from the brand. There are a few Voigtlander lenses that stick out to me and some I like better than Leica glass! The 35 1.2 II, the 15 4.5, the 50 1.5 Nokton, all superb and all a fraction of the cost of a Leica lens. If you want a great buy and fast shipping on Voigtlander lenses then you must check out CAMERAQUEST! 100%! Check out the shopping site HERE!
7. Leica Store Miami – These guys are in actuality Dale Photo in Florida, but this site is much improved and all about LEICA. This shop has it all from cameras, lenses, cases, accessories and even used Leica cameras and lenses. I bought my fancy Leica case from them and my shipment arrived in one day. You must check them out! I give them an easy 100%. Never an issue. Never a problem. You can see their site HERE.
As you can see, all six shops/dealers get a full 100% from me because I would not recommend anyone who I did not shop with, buy from or feel 100% about. If I was 90% I would not recommend them! If you buy from ANY of the above dealers you will not be disappointed. With Amazon, if you have an issue the return policy is so good you can just return it. No questions asked. Just be sure to buy from Amazon and not a third-party (or prime). Same with B&H and some of the others. For me it should be about customer satisfaction and all of these do it very well.
So there you go, my fave dealers and vendors. When you want to buy a camera or lens or accessory or ANYTHING, check them out! They are what help to keep this site running!
Sony A7II Body IN STOCK right NOW!
The Sony A7II Body Only is NOW IN STOCK at B&H Photo for immediate shipping. The hottest and coolest full frame mirrorless camera of the year for $1698.
Ricoh GR Bundle Holiday Deal
B&H Photo is having yet another deal on another fantastic pocket camera. First they had a great buy on the Nikon Coolpix A, then the Hasselblad Stellar, and now the Ricoh GR! This camera is yet another amazing pocket camera and while some may prefer the other two cameras, many prefer the Ricoh which is geared and designed for photographers and not the masses.
B&H is offering the camera as well as a FREE 32GB SD card and a FREE Ricoh OVF which normally sells for $229 – The entire package of camera, OVF and 32 GB card is now up for $596 TOTAL! You can see my original Ricoh GR review here.
THE GR IS AN APS-C LARGE SENSOR COMPACT with DSLR image quality that will fit in your pocket.
The A7II with 28-70 Kit Lens is IN STOCK now at B&H Photo for immediate shipping! They do not have the body only (sold out) but the body with the kit lens is available right now. I have been shooting with the A7II for over a week now and while I do not want to put out a spoiler for my upcoming review, believe me when I say it is a camera that punches way above its price point. I ordered one for myself after a few hours with the review sample. The A7II and A7s combo, for me, is as good as it gets in 2014 for IQ, versatility, and capabilities.
Hot Deal of the Day and Rip off of the Day!
The HOT Deal of the day…
Hey guys! It’s only around 2 weeks until Christmas (give or take a day or two) and today Amazon is having a “deal of the day’ in the camera department, and it’s a great little Olympus that can be had for a song, or $189 with a 16GB memory card! Damn, I remember when a 1GB memory card cost $399, now you can get a 16GB card with a nice Olympus compact XZ-2 camera for $189 with free shipping if you are an Amazon prime member!
The RIP OFF of the day…
Now for the rip off of the day. Even though B&H Photo cleared out the Hasselblad Stellar for $999, Wiloughby’s is still selling the same kit for $3,595! Yep, the same orange SE kit that I purchased (along with over 40 of you here who snagged the Orange before they sold out) for $999 can be had on Amazon for $3595! RIP OFF!! The Stellar SE is absolutely worth the $999 and I adore my Orange version. Not only is it made with better materials it is also Made in Japan unlike the Sony RX100 that is made in China, so they are made in different factories. The initial batch of RX100’s were made in Japan as well, then Sony switched it up to China which is when some people had issues with Quality Control. So the SE stellar at $999 is a great buy for a fantastic camera with unbelievable IQ for the size. Fast, gorgeous IQ, superb video, fit in you pocket design, exotic wood grip, Italian leather neck and wrist strap, real wooden storage box and of course the Hasselblad name which will be a good thing for resale.
But if you buy one, AVOID the RIP OFF at Amazon for $3595 and buy it here at B&H while they have a couple left (white or black). I have two more I bought and will be reselling them on Amazon soon (one orange sold already) for $1500 each which will be the lowest price offered on Amazon (current lowest from a third-party is $2490 making mine the best deal on Amazon). When B&H Sells out, there will be no more of these deals to be found with shipping from the USA. When I sell the other, that will have paid for my own Stellar. Win/Win as this means I will have gotten a spectacular camera for free :) Similar to when people buy a $25k Leica special edition and sell it a few years later for $3-$5k profit. No difference. But to be clear, I love the Stellar, it is a pretty awesome little camera.
Can’t do that with the RX100 V1 as the resale is at around $240-$250.
Stellar SE vs RX100 V1
- Stellar uses premium materials
- Stellar has unique design (better for resale)
- Stellar has the Hasselblad name (resale)
- Stellar has a real exotic wood grip (makes a big difference in handling)
- Stellar is made in Japan, RX100 in China
- Stellar comes with Italian Leather neck strap and wrists strap that matches the camera colors
- Stellar seems to have better color (firmware? Imagination? Fluke?)
- Stellar has real wooden storage case/box. It’s beautiful. (not needed but nice to have)
- Resale Value of Stellar SE will most likely be a little more than $999 within 6 months. RX100 – $250
- Both fit in any front jeans pocket. It’s tiny.
Of course there is the new RX100 V3 for less than the $999 Stellar, and this camera gives you a pop up EVF which is brilliant, but very small. It is thicker, and has a fold out LCD (which makes it thicker) and personally, I prefer the V1 sensor AND lens. The RX100 V3 will give you a wider lens at 24 (vs 28) but you lose out on the reach (V3 is only 70mm). Some say the V3 lens is sharper but my Stellar lens is as sharp as I could want, even in the corners. The Stellar II is on its way which will be an RX100 II souped up. Will go for $2500 in a NON SE version! Again, making this one a good buy.
All from the Stellar – 1st one at ISO 3200
TO THE BITTER FEW:
To those who are uninformed and making comments about me buying a couple of stellar SE’s and reselling them for a small profit, well, I suggest you read what I wrote when I 1st announced this deal. I stated up front I would do this, and suggested others do the same..I even said “mark my words” in one post about being able to sell for more than paid. Now it appears some of you feel this was done “behind the scenes” and secretly and are attacking me for it (two of you). Well, this just shows you did not read my original post, my original intent and my suggestion that others should and could do the same as me, making the Stellar SE a WIN/WIN situation when buying it. Problem is that not many believed me and now they are mad that they look foolish after publicly stating the camera is worth $200. There are so many bitter, hateful and any people in the internet world. Those who attack and hate just for the fun of it. It’s sad.
If I find a good deal I will always pass it on to you guys, I do not hold back and always share info with you guys when it is valuable information. I do find it funny that I was attacked for even posting the deal in the 1st place with a couple of others saying “it’s worth $200” – “You are stupid for buying that” and my personal fave “how retarded are you for falling for that so called deal”? None of those comments were approved of course but goes to show how wrong they all were.
BOTTOM LINE FACT: The Stellar SE is a FABULOUS camera that offers quite a bit more than the standard RX100 V1 and for ME and many others it is well worth the $999 (especially counting resale value which can be up to $1500). I mentioned it all above as well as in my very 1st post on this blowout last week (where I stated I would buy more and resell and make some money). Nothing wrong at all with that, in fact, it’s 100% right and how life works. You either act or you do not. I act. I think MAKING money is always better than LOSING money as so many do every day in this crazy world of digital photography.
So to those bitching and moaning that I did what I originally said I would do, get over yourself and move on. No one controls what I do, this site or what I say but myself. Been like this since day one. I live life in an open way and just as I shared this deal and the benefits of the deal (reselling later for more than you paid which is a rarity) I will always tell it like it is. Two years ago I started a NO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to attacks in comments – and anyone who is attacking, degrading, name calling, or accusing will be banned. Period. Educate yourself before making any accusations or starting any conspiracy theories. (as in, read what I wrote a week ago). If you do not like the rules then do not come here.
Thank you all! Again, this was aimed at the couple of guys who were making silly accusations without being educated on the matter before they spoke, not everyone else. I only posted it here as they failed to read the comments where I explained all of this already so it had to be placed here in hopes they would actually READ before they SPEAK. If anyone still wants a Stellar SE for $999, you can still get one in white or black HERE. Once they are gone is when the resale will spike a little. Consider that a tip :)
Nikon Coolpix A Deal, over 65% off! $300 off OVF!
Here is yet another killer deal some of you may have missed.
The SUPERB Nikon Coolpix A, the camera with a 28mm fixed lens and an APS-C sized sensor that fits in your pocket is more than 60% off. Instead of $1100, this camera has been marked down to $499 and the coolest part? Buy the Optical ViewFinder and you will save $300 on that piece alone! Instead of $396 for the OVF you can bundle it with the Coolpix A purchase for $96! So you can get a camera setup that would have costed you $1500 a few weeks ago for under $600!
You can see my review of this camera HERE.
The link above will take you direct to the camera in BLACK or SILVER as well as the OVF in BLACK OR SILVER!
FIRE SALE! Nikon J1 and TWO lenses, $229 at B&H Photo
The Nikon J1 is now on fire sale at B&H Photo for $229 WITH two kit lenses. Either the 10mm 2.8 and 10-30 or the 10-30 and 30-110. Camera is available and IN STOCK in SILVER or RED!!! Click the image or link below to go to the page.
UPDATE: My $229 Silver J1 and two lenses arrived, free shipping and all. Solid, fast and fantastic for $229.
THIS IS A DEAL – A STEAL – A GREAT LITTLE CAMERA that provides a film like feel just like the V1 and V2 but in a basic body. It looks pretty sweet in silver and at $229, it is a no brainer just to have around. It is FAST to AF as well..SILENT and is a fantastic little camera.
You can see my old V1 review here, which has the same AF speed and IQ as this J1..
You can see images I shot with the 1 system over the past year or so HERE. This is the same IQ that comes from the J1 below.
Fuji releases the X100s in sexy black – Ships in Feb.
Woohoo! For all of those waiting for the super sexy black X100s, your wait is almost over. In fact you can pre-order the camera NOW at B&H Photo for $1299, the same cost as the silver version. While not a special edition like the X100 black version was, no need to pay $1500+. So for many, this is a good thing. The X100s will ship in February. You can also pre-order at Amazon HERE. PopFlash has it HERE.