EIGHT YEARS STRONG – THE ORIGINAL AND FIRST “REAL WORLD REVIEW SITE” always 100% FREE to you, the reader.
YES! YOU can help me out and believe me, I NEED IT! If you find this site helpful you can donate any amount you desire, even $5. This will help this site continue on to grow and grow! You can also help in other ways…
For those in the USA, UK, GERMANY & CANADA it is simple! AMAZON! Read how you can help me dramatically just by doing what you already do every day…
I have also just added an Amazon option for those in the UK, GERMANY and CANADA! See below for ALL Amazon links that will help me! Since this site is worldwide I have now made it easy for almost anyone to help out if they want to, without me asking for money or donations! To me, that is a win win for both of us :)
What really helps me out is when you guys use my direct link to AMAZON (which I am posting below), and yes, with these you can actually BOOKMARK as your Amazon landing page! Then anytime you click on it and shop I get a teeny commission that helps support this site! USA, UK, CANADA or GERMANY!
USA Amazon Link:
UK Amazon Link:
GERMANY Amazon Link:
CANADA Amazon Link:
Also, keep in mind you do not pay any more by using my links, you pay the same costs as you normally would. I just get a teeny % that helps me keep chugging, or should I say, SNAPPING along :) ANYTHING you buy at Amazon from camera gear, film, mac and cheese and even baby wipes will help me keep going with this site, and for those who do then I appreciate each and every time you help out! I NEVER ask for donations via paypal as I feel this is enough to help out. So many of you guys buy from Amazon that just by using that link, bookmarking it and using it anytime you buy from them..well, it will help keep this site alive and to grow!
Me almost EIGHT years ago when this site first started up… At B&H Photo Eyeballing this $120k lens! Lol.
– B&H PHOTO – The same applies but you can NOT bookmark the B&H link. Instead you must use this link below or any of the links in my reviews or sidebar to B&H. I have been shopping with B&H Photo for so many years I can not even remember how long. Since the 90’s and I have never had any bad experiences with them. Ever. Their customer service is exceptional. Easy buy, easy in stock status on their excellent site and easy return policies. No hassle was defined by their system and expertise.
Anytime you want to shop B&H and want to help me with this site just come here to this page and use the link above, or use any link to B&H in my right sidebar on any page, or link in my reviews. If you do this then I thank you from the bottom of my heart as it will allow me to continue this passion and website which has become much bigger than me. THANK YOU!
My Favorite Camera Shops & Dealers. Ever.
There are so many camera shops, store, internet sites and dealers out there ready to take our cash and send us a new fresh box of happiness. If you are like me, receiving a new package from the Fed Ex or UPS man brings not only a smile, but a rush of energy, happiness and joy.
I love my cameras and over the last 20 years I have learned WHERE To buy from to get the most hassle free and enjoyable experience, as well as the best deals sometimes. I always get e-mails asking me “where should I buy XXX camera”? Well, here you go.
Over the years I have recommended the same dealers here. Those that I have worked with and bought from on many occasions. I have shopped from a few other sources but sometimes have had a negative experience so this is why I only recommend those who I trust and those who have really went above and beyond. I only allow advertisers and sponsors whom I trust and support back and know would never rip anyone off.
Below is a list of whom I buy from, who I have had great experiences with and all of those that I trust and put my name behind when it comes to camera dealers and shops!
1. Ken Hansen – This guy is everything LEICA. He has been a Leica dealer forever and used to own a store in NY. He now works from his home as he is semi-retired but his Leica business is still going strong with many Leica shooters praising his name every day. Ken has become a legend..legendary. I have never in my life experienced anything like Ken from ANY shop, dealer or store, ever. He goes above and beyond and the funny thing is he does not even have a web site, a Facebook or twitter ;) He runs it all from his home via phone or e-mail. He has been with me since day one and you may have seen his ad in the sidebar before. It will be there for the life of the site because if it not for Ken (and a couple of other friends) this site may not have made it!
Ken has new Leica and often times has used items and unique items as well. Just call him at 212-879-3263 or send him an e-mail at [email protected] and let him know what you want, need or are looking for. Most likely, he will have it. Plus, mention my name and you may get a bit of a deal..maybe. I stand 100% behind Ken Hansen.
2. B&H Photo – These guys are the king of Retail and Online sales. They do MASSIVE volume. I mean MASSIVE. I have been to the store and it is a sight to see. Hundreds of customers at any given time, long lines to check out (but they go fast) and conveyer belts that travel through the store to deliver your goods when you exit. Amazing. They have the best online experience I have encountered. First, if an item is in stock and ready to ship, it says so clearly. If it is not, it clearly states this. No guessing games. They ship same day as well if you order before a certain cut off time. So technically you could order a lens on a Monday morning and have it arrive Tuesday. They also are top notch on their returns, undo nay to Amazon. It is an online automated process, never needing to email someone or call someone for an RA number. B&H Is the king of camera retailers. You can see their site here and they sell all kinds of goodies, not just photo related. They are sort of a giant electronics megastore. I give them a 100%!
3. Amazon– Who does not shop from Amazon? Myself and everyone I know shop at Amazon and they are doing amazing things..amazing. Amazon is the future of internet shopping, food shopping and everything in between. I believe in 10 years Amazon will have the most amazing services. You can get anything and everything from Amazon. I have certain household items get delivered every month using their subscribe and save feature and I also buy tons of music (LP’s) and camera accessories such as Gariz cases, caps, batteries, lights, etc. They have anything and everything. Click here for a link to Amazon and see for yourself. Never an issue with them, ever! The return policy and process is painless and simple. You even get a label to print for easy return. My score = 100%!
4. PopFlash.com – PopFlash has been around for a long long time and Tony Rose is the man who owns and runs it. He is well-known among Leica shooters but he also sells Fuji, Olympus, Zeiss and many other brands at his online shop. I have purchased Leica lenses, cameras and Artisan and Artist bags and cases from PopFlash and Tony always comes through. They have some superb prices as well and when you see the “used/mint” pricing on some Leica items you may be super tempted to go for it. Check out the site at PopFlash.com! 100%
5. CAMERAQUEST – Run by Stephen Gandy this long tim Voigtlander dealer has just about anything you could ever want from the brand. There are a few Voigtlander lenses that stick out to me and some I like better than Leica glass! The 35 1.2 II, the 15 4.5, the 50 1.5 Nokton, all superb and all a fraction of the cost of a Leica lens. If you want a great buy and fast shipping on Voigtlander lenses then you must check out CAMERAQUEST! 100%! Check out the shopping site HERE!
As you can see, all five shops/dealers get a full 100% recommendation from me because I would not recommend anyone who I did not shop with, buy from or feel 100% about. If I was 90% I would not recommend them! If you buy from ANY of the above dealers you will not be disappointed. With Amazon, if you have an issue the return policy is so good you can just return it. No questions asked. Just be sure to buy from Amazon and not a third-party (or prime). Same with B&H and some of the others. For me it should be about customer satisfaction and all of these do it very well.
So there you go, my fave dealers and vendors. When you want to buy a camera or lens or accessory or ANYTHING, check them out! They are what help to keep this site running!
WANT TO HELP IN OTHER WAYS? ARTICLE SUBMISSION/GUEST WRITER
I am always looking for good articles and guest writers and this helps me provide a broader range of useful info to reader and this is what this site is all about! I feel like we are all building an awesome community together and if it can keep growing with more like us then WOW, what a site this could be. If you have a passion for photography and love to write about it then contact me. What you get in return is not money but free promotion for your website or blog as well as being published and seen tens of thousands of people!