ANNOUNCEMENT: The 1st Annual SteveHuffPhoto.com New York City “Inspiration” Meet Up/Workshop – October 15th 2010 – 9am-9pm (or whenever we are done)
Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
The condition of being so stimulated.
An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.
NYC – December 2009 – Steve Huff
LET’S GET INSPIRED! Join the fun, the excitement, and the day long street shooting NYC experience!
OK, you guys asked for it, and with some careful planning, thought, scheduling, and a special friend of mine who inspired ME to do this, it has now become a reality! On October 15th 2010 I will be holding the 1st ever SteveHuffPhoto.com “inspiration” meet up/Workshop in New York City. This will be a meet up of no more than 20 people who want to spend a day, morning until night, shooting in the hustle and bustle of New York City. It will be all about getting inspired and getting out there to make some incredible memories. All you need is a camera, the desire to shoot, an open mind to learn new ideas, and the willingness to have fun and meet new people who share the same passion as you!
It will be a full day of learning, shooting, and fun for all. I may even have Leica (or at least some Leica gear) there with cameras like the M9 and X1 so everyone can get a chance to see these cameras, up close and personal. There will be a special guest speaker in the morning as well! Riccis Valladares , a Fine Art Wedding AND Street Photographer who shoots exclusively with Leica will be on hand to talk about Leica, film, street shooting and help inspire us all for the day. The guy is good, and his images are real works of art.
Both myself and Riccis will be with all attendees throughout the day as we walk the streets and shoot in NYC! There may also be another surprise guest at some point in the day! ANYTHING can happen! One thing is for sure…all who attend will have a great time, meet some new friends, get in some fantastic street shooting time and also learn a thing or two. This is not all about me, but all about those who attend as a GROUP..with all of us learning, sharing and expanding our creative vision together!
Riccis Valladares will be on hand to talk about Leica, street shooting, and to shoot with us throughout the day. Riccis is an amazing B&W film fine art photographer who shoots weddings all over the world and has great knowledge about Photography AND Leica cameras, especially FILM. You can check out his blog HERE.
Here is the tentative schedule of events:
- 9am – Meet up at my Hotel near Times Square. We will all introduce ourselves, talk about why we are there and what we want to accomplish.
- 9:45am – Riccis Valladares will be there as well as a guest speaker and he will talk about how he shoots with Leica as a professional wedding photographer. Riccis is also an amazing street shooter and will be on hand to shoot with us throughout the day. After this we will all head out to shoot near Times Square. We will shoot people, architecture, and will each use our own style to capture the scenes of the day as they unfold. I will be on hand for any questions throughout the day, and will spend some one on one time with EVERYONE at some point during the day.
- 1pm – Lunch will either be catered to the hotel in a conference room, or we will go somewhere really cool for lunch as a group. All paid for by me. We will eat and also be able to talk about what our ultimate goals are, and how we can accomplish them.
- 2:30PM – 5:30PM – More shooting!
- 6pm-9pm – All meet back up in the room where we will go over our photos and pick our one favorite from the day. Then, we will critique our favorite shots of the day as a group. We can also go over processing techniques like B&W conversions, RAW processing, etc.
Also, to make it extra fun and exciting I want to make this a fully interactive experience. After we have all picked our favorite shots of the day, I will post them to this website with everyones name and their fave shot of the day. Readers will be on hand to critique the photos and pick their favorites. This way, even those who do not attend can partake in the day with us, and you guys can see what the world thinks of your photos!
Paperman – NYC – 2009
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THIS EVENT?
- Because it will be super cool and a great time!
- Because you will be in the best place on earth for street shooting!
- We will go over what to do and not to do when shooting on the street.
- We will go over the Leica M series, and how to get the best results.
- We will go over approaching your subject vs just firing away first.
- As needed, we will go over basics like aperture, shutter speed, etc.
- In the AM shooting session we will shoot what we want, where we want, in the PM shooting session you will have an assignment.
- Your best photos will be shared and critiqued in a group setting.
- Also, time permitting we can go over some processing/B&W conversion.
- Also, don’t forget the Leica gear that will be there and our special guest, Riccis Valladeres who is a Leica pro who shoots all over the world.
- YOU WILL BE INSPIRED!
Now, I am not going to be there as an “instructor”, but rather more of a “shooting buddy” who will answer any question I can and discuss what I do to get inspired and get the shots I get. I would also like to shoot one on one with everyone at some point throughout the day.
HOW TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
I am only accepting up to 20 people for this event and the cost of admission is $499 total. This includes the full day of events including a full lunch that I will pay for. Those who are interested can pay via credit card via google checkout, or check or MO via postal mail. If you want to get in on this, do it quick as I know I had at least 30 of you who requested a NYC date. Attendees are responsible for their own transportation to the event, and if traveling into NYC, your own room. Full details will be given to those who are attending with a full schedule and my hotel location and list of events mailed to them via e-mail. This will be a memorable experience for all!
WHERE TO STAY?
I am working with the Doubletree Suites which is right in the Times Square area and this is where I will be staying during my time in NYC. This will also be our main meeting place in the morning, possibly for lunch and again in the evening while we go over our shots of the day. You can call about their rates and get info by calling them at 212-719-1600. I will be there from October 14th-16th.
REGISTER FOR $399
To those who register the total cost for the entire day will be $399. This includes the full day with all activities and lunch included. EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW OVER!
At this time, with the event being next week, whoever wants the last spot must pay in full via Visa or Mastercard.
At the end of the day, we will say our goodbyes and go home with some awesome memories of our day in NYC. We will also come away with some terrific photos, guaranteed. So get in now if you are interested! To reserve your spot, email me HERE and I will give you details on how to pay. Once registered you will recieve detailed information about the days events, and any changes to the schedule that may take place. Thanks, hope to see you soon in NYC!