With all of this talk of workshops, Leica cameras and even Fuji cameras I just wanted to update the status on the upcoming Seattle Meetup/Workshop on July 23rd and 24th. Ashwin Rao and I have been getting the schedule of events down over these past two weeks. This meetup is going to be an AWESOME weekend full of great people, guests, amazing photography, super food, cool presentations, Leica cameras and even a special prize to be given away randomly to one attendee. Loads of fun and it is ALL WEEKEND! July 23rd and 24th 2011.
In addition to the schedule of events below, I will have an extra Leica M9 on hand for those who would like to try it out with me on the street and I will also have some lenses to check out. Lunch is included both days, and we even added an evening stroll for those that want to do some night shooting. I am even giving away a killer camera system with loads of accessories and goodies, all new in box. One random attendee will win this great prize (don’t get too excited though, it is NOT an M9).
SOLD OUT! ALL 20 HAVE BEEN SOLD!
Saturday July 23rd
9:00 AM: Everyone arrives (time at 9 am at Ashwin’s)
– Top Pot Donuts (on of Seattle’s most famous donut spots) with coffee will be waiting for all.
– 9:15ish: Steve’s intro & welcome
– 9:15-10:30: Group Introductions
– 10:30: 10:45: Ashwin’s intro and comment on photography/slideshow
– 10:45 – 11:15: Guest speaker intro: We will have a couple of guest speakers at the event (still being finalized). Tim Issac of Thumbs Up fame will also be there to talk about his products for Leica and he will have some on hand as well to demo and possibly even sell.
– 11:30- 1:30: Morning street stroll – downtown at Pike’s Place for some street photography.
– 1:30-2:30 Lunch (down in Pike’s Place- Pikes Place Chowder or the like – (Lunch is included and paid for)
– 3:00- 4:00 pm Head to Glazers Camera for Leica Demo (tentative, need to confirm on demo); We will do a Glazers stop either way with a possible talk by Ashwin on setting up your own photo show/exhibit.
– 4-6 pm Return to Ashwin’s for critique, comments, editing from our morning stroll photos
– 6:30 – 8:00 evening photo stroll – Sunset at Kerry Park or Golden Gardens
– 7:30- 9 pm Dinner and evening cap (Rays Boathouse near Golden Gardens, The 5 spot, near Kerry Park, or similar restaurant in upper Queen Anne – DINNER is NOT included)
– 9:30-10:30 pm? Optional later night, low light photo stroll for those interested.
Sunday, July 24th
– 9:00– Breakfast: Mighty O Donuts and Coffee
– 9:15-10: Steve’s presentation of shooting The Leica M in challenging conditions.
– 10:00-11:00: Recap of the previous day – question/answer
– 11:00 AM – 1 PM: Photo Telling stroll – Space Needle/ Seattle Center – Tell YOUR story!
o If people have interest, we can take a ride up the needle. It’s a fun place to photograph from above as well, both the people and the city!
– 1:30-3 PM: Lunch at Dad Watson’s or similar pub grub place (Paid for by Steve!)
– 3-5 pm: PM stroll at Discovery Park
o Beautiful nature site worth spending some time at
– 5:30- 7:30 pm: Return for critique and discussion of story telling
– 7:30: Prize giveaway – Someone, at random, will win a complete camera system with all accessories (NO it is not an M9)
– 8:00 pm: Send off Dinner – (Bastille in Ballard, Rays)
Possible Photo Strolls
– Downtown stroll (Pikes Place, Pioneer Square)
– Seattle Center (space needle up close; up the needle, waterfountain)
– Discovery Park and waterfront images, Gasworks Park, Travel through Discovery Park
– Kerry Park (early AM or sunset)
– Graffiti wall and urban walk
– Alki Beach
– Seattle Public Library stroll
– Sculpture Garden and waterfront
– Out of Seattle, into nature
– Golden Gardens at Sunset (beach, mountain views)
– Ferry trip to Bainbridge island
– The Piers where the Ferries take off