UPDATED! MEGA WORKSHOP: Los Angeles – January 27th, 28th and 29th 2012 – FIVE Great presentations, Street shooting, Lighting, models, and a VERY special World Premiere Lens debut!
SELLING FAST! A few seats still remain!
Lots of surprises, lots of shooting, and lots of PASSION!
After many requests I am bringing a MEGA meet up/workshop to Los Angeles and I have been setting it all up behind the scenes for the past few weeks. I found the perfect location with the help of Todd Hatakeyama who has allowed me to have base headquarters at his new studio right in the heart of Los Angeles.
Hatakeyama Studio will be where we will converge, talk, have presentations, share our passion, shoot on the street, shoot models, learn about lighting, learn about basic technique and even witness a new world premiere of a special lens as well as learn how to create an online presence with your photography!
You can read about past workshops like the one in Seattle, Chicago and New York. They were all super cool and everyone had a great time, made new friends and even learned a thing or two. This one in Los Angeles will be the biggest and best yet as I have so much planned we had to stretch it to a 2 1/2 day event!
Base camp for the weekend will be at Hatakeyama Studio in Los Angeles – Plenty of space! Check out Todds Leica site HERE
There will be FIVE presentations over two and a half days and FIVE special guest speakers. The biggest yet. Some of what is in store…
1. Photographer Jay Bartlett will speak about lighting, and even shooting portraits with the Leica M9 using studio lighting. Jay knows his stuff and his website can be seen here.
2. There will also be a special guest who will be showing off the WORLD PREMIERE of a brand new amazing lens that is VERY special and very high end. Those who attend will see it first and will have a chance to see it and shoot with it. The 1st in the world in person look at this special item. He will also give a talk on lenses and design.
3. There will be a great presentation/lecture from Elizabeth Wang-Lee on Street Photography. She will go over the masters as well as talk about what makes for a great street photo. Elizabeth recently had a Daily Inspiration posted on the site HERE.
4. We will also have Sean Armetta, fashion photographer (we WILL be in LOS ANGELES right?) giving a presentation.
5. Ashwin Rao will be in attendance as well and he will give a talk on how to build your online presence in the photo community as well as share some of his best photos with us all.
6.. A pro model will be on hand so we can each shoot studio portraits with lighting. We will share our shots later in the day. (more info soon)
7. Other surprises to be announced soon as well as detailed itinerary and we may have some Leica gear on hand as well for those who would like to try out an M9 or lens.
The Seattle workshop hosted by Ashwin Rao was a huge success – Photo by Ashwin Rao
We will hit the pavement as well! Street shooting in LA as well as trying our hand at studio/model portraits!
1st of all, everyone is welcome! Not just Leica shooters! At my last workshop in Chicago we had a wide variety from Micro 4/3, Leica, Olympus 4/3 and DSLR’s. We had a little bit of everything and we ALL came away with some great shots.
The Los Anegeles workshop will start on Friday evening Jan 27th where we will do our introductions, go over what our goals are with photography and then we will settle in and discuss what we will be doing over the weekend. On Saturday Day 2 we will have some presentations on lighting and fashion and will each have time with the model to get some shots. On Day 3 we will have some street shooting presentations and we will head out to shoot people on the street, we will shoot life as it happens. We will go outside of our normal boundaries and be inspired to get the shots we want. On Sat and Sun lunch will be paid for by me and we will have a GREAT lunch. Just because its free doesn’t mean it will be skimpy! I will be posting the full detailed itinerary SOON but do know it will be jammed packed.
There will also be processing and critiques on a big screen as we go over everyones shots. As with my last two workshops I will be giving away a prize to one lucky winner. After day two ends we will have a goodbye dinner and drinks (the cost of this is not included, every man for himself)!
Seattle 2011 – Ashwin Rao
How to GET IN and ATTEND this Special Weekend!
Mark your calendars for Jan 27th, 28th and 29th. This is a Friday/Saturday/Sunday. There will be two and a half days of hanging out in Los Angeles, five presentations, four guest speakers, street shooting, studio shooting, processing and critiques, a world premiere of an amazing new product and two days of lunch provided by me at no cost and dinner and drinks on day three for anyone who wants to hang out after (this dinner is NOT paid for by me).
The days will typically start between 8-9am and last until we are done for the day, which usually is around 6-7pm. We usually all head out for dinner and drinks afterwards.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW!
The cost of this weekend event is $595 and this includes lunch on both days (will announce where we will be eating soon). If you sign up before Jan 1st you can save $50 and your total cost will be $545. I am limiting this to 15-20 people. Every workshop in the past sold out so if you want to go be sure to get locked in quick!
I can accept credit cards through google checkout so if you want to attend this special weekend, e-mail me HERE and I will get you all set up.
Again, Lunch on BOTH days is included. Will also have coffee and snacks each morning provided. Many hotels are nearby including this Sheraton 5 blocks from base camp which is where I will be staying.
More details will be posted soon! Bookmark this page and check back every week for more info on this event!
Seattle 2011 Group as we all gathered on Ed’s “Beast”
Chicago 2011 Group at Chicago’s oldest camera shop Central Camera