To get it log into your owners area at the Leica site. Go to your M9 product, click on it and you will see the new firmware ready for download! Enjoy!
You should see MUCH faster formatting, higher res preview and everything else listed in the improvements. I also noticed some improvement in high ISO.
You can get to the Leica web site HERE. Then log into the “Owners Area” using the link at the upper right. You must be a registered M9 owner to get the firmware update at this time as it does not seem to be on their main page yet.
BTW, things I have found with the new firmware…
- The format times are now normal 🙂 Takes a couple of seconds compared to 30 seconds with the old firmware.
- Yes, the preview image will load in as a higher res preview but it may take a second or two.
- Much faster preview of images. No more pixelation. Just snap, and then zoom in!
- I have not yet been able to try the camera with a wide lens though I am getting a 24 Elmar in to review.
- Also, I have been using a PNY SD card with no issues. I bought this 8GB card at wal mart for $24.
- I have noticed a slight improvement at higher ISO’s but not sure if it is in my head now. Leica does not mention this improvement in their update but to me I seem to get cleaner results at higher ISO. Not a huge difference but I see it. Does anyone else?