HUGE FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE X100!!
Fuji has released the much anticipated firmware update today for the X100, version 1.10. You can download and GET IT HERE. What has been addressed in this HUGE update? Take a look below but I applaud Fuji for doing this SO QUICKLY! It shows they are on the ball and they have addressed MANY of the complaints about this camera. BRAVO!
I just downloaded it to my camera, and just FYI, you can make this a QUICK and EASY update. Just download the firmware file to your desktop. Put in a freshly frmatted SD card to your computers card reader. DRAG the firmware update file to the SD card. Put the SD card in the camera and turn it on WHILE HOLDING the DISP/BACK button. No need for Fuji software or to even plug the camera in to the computer. Actually, here are the exact steps to take…
Just follow these steps…
1. Download firmware to your desktop. The name of this file is “FPUPDATE.DAT”
2. Reformat a fresh SD card in your X100 and then out it in your computers card reader or computer itself if it has an SD card slot.
3. DO not click on the firmware file but rather just drag it from your desktop to the SD card.
4. Eject your SD card and put it in the X100
5. Turn on the X100 WHILE HOLDING DOWN the DISP/BACK button on the rear of the camera.
6. After a second or two it will pop up with a screen asking if you want to upgrade your firmware.
7. Make sure your battery is charged and click yes.
Now…let me say that this update will cause your Fuji X100 to be MUCH smoother and snappier while menu browsing. I mean, it is like an all new camera in this respect. This is one hell of a first update and it took Fuji what? 1-2 months to get it out there?
Still, they did nothing to the manual focus operation and I am still having the slow startup if I put my SD card in my card reader and transfer photos. In other words, I still have to reformat my card every single time I put it in my camera for fast/instant startup. So far a good 1st update though, so be sure and download it when you can!
Detail of the update!
The firmware update Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issues.
The contents of the owner’s manual will be partly changed along with this update.
Please check them in detail.
1. The following functions can be rocked during shooting by holding down [MENU / OK] button over 3 sec.
DRIVE / Flash / White balance / Macro (set on the Command Dial – 4 direction key)
2. “CORRECTED AF FRAME” menu is added in “SET-UP” menu (the last line on menu page 6) to display additional AF frame (corrected AF frame for reducing parallax) which can be effectively used for macro shots. (Factory default value is set to “OFF”)
3. Adjustment in1/3 step increment for shutter speed or aperture setting is enabled in Shutter-Priority AE and Aperture-Priority AE mode, on top of those in Manual Exposure mode.
Shutter-Priority AE : Adjustment is controlled by rotating the command dial
Aperture-Priority AE : Adjustment is controlled by moving left / right on the command control lever
4. In the post-view mode (display after shooting), focused area is magnified in the LCD (EVF) display when the command control lever is pressed.
Cf. “IMAGE DISP.” Setting must be set to “CONTINUOUS”,
5. Setting of the role for “Fn” button is enabled by holding down “Fn” button over 3 sec.
6. Actual ISO sensitivity for shooting is displayed just after pressing shutter button halfway, when “ISO AUTO CONTROLL” is set to ON.
7. When “eye sensor” is activated by pressing “VIEW MODE” button, “EYE SENSOR” is displayed on EVF / OVF or LCD just a while to notice the status.
8. Macro mode ISO sensitivity, Drive mode, Dynamic range, Self-timer mode, flash mode is maintained even if shutter speed setting or aperture setting is changed. Also, even after changing viewing mode into shooting mode or turning of the camera, these values are maintained.
9. The size of focus frame set through viewing EVF / LCD is maintained even after changing display mode between OVF and EVF (LCD).
10. When “SHUTTER SOUND” is chosen, each shutter sound is performed in each menu setting.
11. In viewing mode, the last viewed shot is maintained as even after changing into shooting mode.
Cf. After another image is shot after viewing former image, memory of viewing the image is cancelled and the last shot is displayed as the latest image.
12. When the aspect ration of the image size is set to 16:9, the line of bright frame line on OVF is displayed with aspect ratio 16:9.
13. Viewing mode with Photo Information on EVF / LCD is maintained even if another image is shot. On top of this issue, deleting picture directly is enabled even in viewing with Photo information by pressing the command dial up, or MENU operation is also enabled.
14. Occasionally, preview image on EVF / LCD after pressing the shutter halfway might be darker than live view, according to aperture setting or brightness of shooting target. This phenomenon is improved.
15. When “DISP. CUSTOM SETTING” is set to OVF or EVF / LCD, the setting value is maintained even after customizing the menu.
16. Even for only RAW data recording mode, “RED EYE REMOVAL” setting is selectable among ON or OFF.
17. In MF (manual focus) setting with OVF mode, OVF viewing is activated after pressing shutter half way, even if “FOCUS CHECK” (magnifying center of the image) is displayed in EVF by pressing the center of the command control lever.
18. Displaying period after pressing each command dial (Macro / Flash) is prolonged from 1.5 sec into 2.0 sec for confirming correctly.
20. For resuming from AUTO POWER OFF setting, the shutter release button was required to hold down halfway for a few second. For quicker operation, resuming is activated by just pressing the button.
21. Image quality captured by Velvia / ASTIA mode is improved on mainly shadow tone (dark area), when dynamic range is set to 200% or 400%.
22. When “OVF POWER SAVE MODE” is set to ON and “Fn” button is set to “MOVIE RECORDING”, the camera may be unstable occasionally. This phenomenon is improved.
23. Histogram display on OVF during exposure compensation is improved.
The firmware up date ver.1.01 incorporates the improvement against inadequate operation shown in the following.
1. If the images are shot with ISO Bracketing mode when “QUICK START MODE”(*1) is set to “ON” and turn off the camera,the camera cannot be turned on again even with ordinary operation.
*1 Menu of “QUICK START MODE” is set to “OFF” as factory-default value.
view from my room today in cloudy Brussels, Belgium with the X100